1. Who we are and what we do?
At Rattle Software Inc. ("Rattle", "we", or "us"), we help you update and manage Salesforce via Slack and Microsoft Teams. Rattle products are self service and users solely determine and are responsible for what and how their customers’ data is collected.
We at Rattle know you care about how your personal information* is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously.
*Personal Information definitions:
- Account Data: Information pertaining to the Account owner, including name, email, address, billing information.
- Business Data: Information generated either by the Account Owner (and its Authorized Users) or Rattle, where such Business Data does not include any personal Customer Data.
- Customer Data: Information related to the identity and identification of a client or customer of the account owner, including name, address, etc. that is used for client relationship management purposes.
4. What information do we collect?
A. Information that you share with us
We receive and store any information that you knowingly share with us. For instance, during the registration process, Rattle may collect account related data such as contact information (e.g. name, address, phone number, email address, Slack/Microsoft Teams avatar, Time zone and employer) and payment details for such accounts. We may use this data to send you information regarding our products and features for the services available to you.
Also, we do not store any data from a user's Slack or Microsoft Teams instance. The only information that is stored is the user who integrated Slack/Microsoft Teams and the auth token. Both are deleted when the integration is removed from within our app.
B. Information collected automatically
We may also collect browsing data from individuals who visit our site or use our services. We might analyze visitor information, including the domain name, visited surveys, referring URLs, and other publicly available information. We use this information to improve our website and services and to customize the content of our website for every visitor.
We use the following cookies:
- Required Cookies. These cookies are required to enable core site functionality.
- Functional Cookies. These cookies allow us to analyze site usage so we can measure and improve performance.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies are used by advertising companies to serve ads that are relevant to your interests.
C. Information collected by account owners for their customers
Account owners own all their Business and Customer Data. Depending on how the Account Owner and their Authorized Users choose to use the software, Customer Data may include certain personal information relating to the customers and clients of the Account Owner. Account Owners manage all Customer Data, as well as the users who create, manage, distribute, or report any Business Data generated by the Services. Rattle acts as a conduit between different platforms and does not save any data from Salesforce, Slack, Microsoft Teams and Google Calendar for any account unless specifically requested by the account owner for performing certain analytical functions as a part of our Services.
Even though you integrate your Google Calendar with Rattle, we will not share your calendar events with any third parties. If your Google Calendar is integrated, we may store the minimal amount of data to be able to display calendar event data to you as a part of your enabled workflow(s).
5. Security of the user information
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Account Data by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Account Data we hold in our records, but unfortunately, no provider can guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information. However, we’ve taken measures, including encryption of your License Materials, to limit the impact of any such factors. If you notice a security breach or a security vulnerability on our website, please report it immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. How do we use information collected?
As mentioned above, we use the information that you share with us for operating, improving, understanding and personalizing our services.
These might include:
- Creating and managing your profiles
- Communication related to services
- Contact regarding services, updates and offers
- Provide support and assistance for the Services
- Meet contract or legal obligations
- Respond to user inquiries
- Fulfil user requests
- Comply with our legal or contractual obligations
- Resolve disputes
- Protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions
- Enforce our Terms of Service
- Discover and fix bugs and errors
- Make product improvements
7. In what case we might share the collected information?
We might share your Account Data when we believe might be necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
- Protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud
- Maintain the security of our products and services
We might also share Account Data when necessary to provide you with a product or service you have requested. These parties might include
- Any of the sub processors including AWS, Google, Salesforce, Slack and Microsoft Teams
- Third party business partners who you access through the Services
- Other parties authorized by you
8. Your rights regarding personnel data
You have certain rights with respect to your Account Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email email@example.com. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision.
In some cases, we may also need you to provide us with additional information, which may include Account Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
You can request more information about the Account Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Account Data. You can also access certain of your Account Data by going to your account settings.
If you believe that any Account Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by going to your account settings.
You can request that we erase some or all of your Account Data from our systems.
If we are processing your Account Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Account Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
You can ask for a copy of your Account Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Account Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing:
You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Account Data.
You have the right to lodge a complaint about Rattle’ practices with respect to your Account Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
9. Contact us
If you have any questions about any of the topics above, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org