Looking to optimize your Revenue Operations tech stack and unlock your team's true potential? View our top picks and find a tool that's right for your team.
Our picks are based on their features, market presence, pricing, support, and overall user satisfaction, helping you cull through all the new platforms that seem to pop up every day and find the right platforms for your team.
Revenue Intelligence & Forecasting
Clari is a predictive sales analytics and sales forecasting solution that uses AI to synthesize large amounts of company-wide data (think everything from emails to outbound marketing) to create real-time, actionable insights.
- Intuitive forecasting tools
- Bi-directional integration with Salesforce
- Can filter insights based on department needs (sales vs. marketing etc.)
- Limited additional functionality beyond forecasting and deal reviews
- Reps can't access company-wide reporting to compare performance
Clari does not publish pricing, but does offer a free demo to try the software.
Gong is a revenue intelligence platform that hyper-focuses on every type of customer interaction, from sales calls to bot interactions and everything in-between. It uses an intelligent AI to evaluate the quality of each interaction and provide customized insights at scale.
- Makes tracking sales KPIs easy
- Offers "sales coaching" based on the data insights it generates
- Can analyze every type of customer interaction, from phone calls to bot interactions
- Many users find the UI unintuitive
- Focuses primarily on sales even though it's marketed toward both sales and customer success
Gong doesn't publish its pricing, but similar platforms tend to range from $100-200 per user plus a base price.
BoostUp is a revenue operations and intelligence platform that boasts 95% or greater forecast accuracy within a unified data and risk insights platform.
- Provides great "at-a-glance" insights by creating a simple scoring system for customer interactions
- Syncs directly to Salesforce
- Combines seller reported data with email and calendar insights to provide a holistic view of engagement
- Has been reported to have some bugs in areas such as syncing and updating
- Struggles with appropriately analyzing deals that are partner-run
BoostUp does not publish pricing information but does offer a free trial, and the pricing model is on a per-user basis.
Slack is designed to make communication easier for businesses. It's got a plethora of features, including open discussions, private groups, and direct messaging, as well as deep contextual search and message archiving. Slack integrates with many other apps like MailChimp or Google Drive, making it easy to integrate into your tech stack.
- Integrates seamlessly with Google Drive and Google Calendar
- Makes it easy to organize communications based on topic or team
- Can use it to communicate via text, calls, or video calls
- Only has basic integrations with other platforms in the Rev Ops tech stack
- Search messages feature only works in certain scenarios
Slack has a free version with basic functionalities and Pro pricing starting at $6.67 per active user per month.
Rattle is a bi-directional Slack/Salesforce integration tool that allows you to bring your Salesforce data right into Slack. Customized Slack alerts allow you to notify your team of everything from missing MEDDIC information in a Salesforce record to a new win by the sales team. You can also update your Salesforce record from right inside of Slack, making it easy to maintain good data hygiene without slowing down.
- Bi-directional Slack/Salesforce integration
- Customized Slack alerts
- One-click integration
- No-code automation
- Only works with Salesforce and Slack
- Costs more than the native Slack/Salesforce integration (but you get way more features)
Starts at $19 per user per month.
Are you ready to improve your data quality and help your reps work faster? Get a demo of Rattle and see how it can help your revenue teams track, automate, and streamline their processes.
Outreach is a sales engagement platform that helps companies grow revenue by optimizing every customer interaction across email, voice, and social media. Outreach uses machine learning to make sure reps take the right actions for each customer to improve the chances of sales success.
- Intelligently sends follow up emails based on whether the initial email was opened or not
- Integrates with LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Provides AI-driven guidance specifically designed to help close the sales execution gap many businesses face
- Analytics don't report in real-time
- Notes made in the program don't transfer back to Salesforce
Outreach doesn't publish pricing, but does offer product demos, and you can request pricing on their website.
Salesloft is one of the leading sales engagement platforms for sellers and teams to drive more revenue. Their Modern Revenue Workspace helps your team automate digital selling tasks, communicate with buyers, and get coaching to help you win.
- Easy dialing system
- Easy integration with Salesforce
- Detailed analytics for all activities done on the platform
- Dialer quality can be poor
- UI can be difficult to navigate
- Organizational tools for teams can be somewhat lacking
Salesloft does not publish pricing but offers quotes based on your business' needs.
Groove helps Salesforce users increase their productivity by interacting with customers and providing companies with key insights on what's driving the business, which can prevent a lot of errors when it comes to capturing data in Salesforce. This software allows reps to spend less time entering CRM data and more time generating leads and closing deals.
- Easy email templates
- Salesforce integration
- Engagement tracking and alerts (opens, clicks, etc.)
- Great organizational tools
- Some Salesforce integration features don't work as expected
- Automation features aren't always intuitive
Groove doesn't publish pricing, but does have a free trial and pricing requests available.
Seismic is a market-leading solution for sales enablement and digital shopping experiences. Seismic's Storytelling Platform empowers marketers to deliver content across all channels and sellers to engage with prospective buyers in a compelling way at every stage of the buyer journey.
- Offers real-time content engagement analytics
- Integrates with Salesforce, Outlook, and other marketing automation platforms
- Includes an extensive and customizable content library
- Simple to navigate
- Many users wish there were more tutorials or chat support to help them learn the platform
- Search results tend to be non-optimized and can be overwhelming
Seismic doesn't publish pricing and instead encourages businesses to book a demo.
Highspot is a sales enablement platform that offers a wide range of content tools. Users can use it to find the most relevant content for their situation, present it to customers from different angles, and measure whether the customer finds it engaging. Highspot's advanced analytics let marketers know how well their content performs across all areas of the sales cycle and provides actionable insights, so pitches and presentations can be optimized.
- Makes it easy for sales reps to create beautiful content
- Organizes content well
- Easy learning curve to speed adoption
- Integration with common software such as Salesforce and Outreach
- Analytics tend to be less user-friendly
- Requires manual processes to "clean up" the content and ensure everything is fresh
Highspot does not publish pricing, but some users have reported pricing around $600 per user per year.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Salesforce is a leading CRM application that marketers and salespeople use to forecast revenues, track leads, and connect with others in their organizations or the world around them. Salesforce also claims that typical users see an increase in sales by 29%, a 34% productivity increase, and a 42% accuracy rate for forecasts once they integrate Salesforce into their stack.
- Interface easily adapts to a company's usage needs
- Encourages detailed record keeping of all sales activities
- Integrates with many popular platforms across the revenue operations stack
- Has a significant learning curve across the implementation phase
- Pulling specific reports can be more challenging than expected
Starts at $25 per user/per month for their Essentials plan.
HubSpot's CRM platform helps businesses manage their contacts, digital marketing strategy, and lead nurture. It has many tools to help you with your business's growth but focuses heavily on sales pipeline management and contact/lead nurturing. The big feature of HubSpot is the multiple tools or "hubs" that can be bought separately to customize the platform to fit your specific needs.
- Lead collection function is easy to set up and use
- Excellent email automation and tracking features
- Good integration with other rev ops tech stack platforms
- Many users complain they need better support for integration
- Template editing tends to be lacking
Starter package starts at $45 per month for two users, with each additional user costing an additional $23 per month.
ChurnZero's real-time SaaS platform helps subscription businesses prevent customer churn. The platform integrates tightly with an organization's CRM system and their application or service, allowing the business to understand how their customers use their product, assess customer health and likelihood to renew, as well as give timely automated touchpoints for a personal experience.
- Good customer usage tracking systems
- Tooltips and guides to help guide you through the functionality
- Great analytics that provide actionable insights on customer health
- No ability to deliver assets directly through the platform
- You'll need additional software to co-edit in your game development platforms
ChurnZero does not publish pricing but instead prompts interested users to book a demo.
Catalyst helps Customer Success teams by giving them the tools they need to centralize siloed customer data and get a clear line of sight into their customers' health. Catalyst provides robust integrations, flexible platform configuration, intuitive easy-to-adopt workflows, and deep CS expertise that overcomes many roadblocks on your way to retaining customers or scaling up your team.
- Clean, uncluttered interface
- Fast integration
- Empowers CSMs to create reports or dashboards on their own through the easy-to-use UI
- Somewhat limited on features
- Lack of customization tools for things like layout and templates
Catalyst doesn't publish pricing and instead directs potential users to book a demo.
Gainsight is at the forefront of customer success technology and provides a powerful set of solutions for businesses to put their customers at the center of their business strategy. Gainsight's Customer Cloud offers software that delivers revenue optimization insight, customer experience opportunities, and more.
- Offers a wide variety of data under one convenient platform
- Integrates with Slack, Zendesk, and other apps
- Provides customized alerts directly to your email
- Pulling data reports can be slow
- Interface is less intuitive than some users would like
Starts at $2,500 per organization per month.
Marketing Automation Platform
Marketo is a SaaS-based marketing automation software that was acquired by Adobe and built to help organizations automate and measure their marketing engagements, tasks, and workflows.
- Includes advanced integration with Salesforce
- Creates a "central place of truth" for lead tracking
- Allows you to easily clone campaigns to easily scale your marketing efforts
- Doesn't include Marketo Sales, which really limits the functionality
- Not very intuitive to set up and integrate
Marketo has four pricing options, but actual prices are only available via a sales team consultation.
Hubspot Marketing Hub
Hubspot is back on our list because they not only provide a CRM platform but an industry-leading marketing automation platform as well. The Hubspot Marketing Hub provides an entire suite of marketing action automation to help you streamline your marketing workflow at every stage.
- Can help you condense your revenue operations tech stack due to a wide range of tools
- Does a good job of managing the entire customer journey
- Can integrate with other Hubspot hubs
- Great customer service
- Lacks advanced collaborative tools
- Can be more expensive than other alternatives
Starts at $45 per user per month for a basic plan.
Now, while we've given you our picks, what works best for you and your team will vary based on your employees, your customers, and what pain points you're trying to solve. We can promise that once you find the right tech stack for your team, you'll be blown away by how much more revenue growth you can unlock.